Posted by: Myk Likhov
Just a list of Twitter abbreviations on Business Insider…thought there were useful. Abridged list:
Technical Twitter abbreviations
- MT = Modified tweet. This means the tweet you’re looking at is a paraphrase of a tweet originally written by someone else.
- RT = Retweet. The tweet you’re looking at was forwarded to you by another user.
- DM = Direct message. A direct-message is a message only you and the person who sent it can read. IMPORTANT: To DM someone all you need to type is D username message.
- PRT = Partial retweet. The tweet you’re looking at is the truncated version of someone else’s tweet.
- HT = Hat tip. This is a way of attributing a link to another Twitter user.
- CC = Carbon-copy. Works the same way as email.
- IMHO = In my humble opinion.
- AYFKMWTS = Are you f—ing kidding me with this s—?
- GTFOOH = Get the f— out of here
- OH = Overheard.
- RLRT = Real-life re-tweet, a close cousin to OH.
- GMAFB = Give me a f—ing break
- SMH = Shaking my head
- IDK = I don’t know
- STFU = Shut the f— up!
- NFW = No f—ing way
- IRL = In real life
- FML = F— my life.
- LMAO = Laughing my ass off
- BTW = By the way
- LOL = laugh out loud
- TY = Thank you
- YW = You’re welcome
This entry was posted on Monday, April 23rd, 2012 at 6:21 pm and is filed under What I read today.